Saturday, January 20, 2024

Reflection: Choosing a Business

This is NOT the normal topic I write about if you're someone who reads my normal religious posts. I'm in a web business creation class for school and we have to write a blog post each week about our experience with the class as one of the requirements. With that in mind, this post is mainly for my instructor to make sure I'm reflecting.

I learned quite a few things this week. The toughest, which is an essential part of any business, is to be patient with technology changes. We had so MANY problems with the Google Ads related assignments that it has thrown me behind at work and my house is a bit of a mess at the moment. The truth is, business doesn't always run smoothly when you are running your own business, so I should get used to those type of hiccups.

Second, I learned about how to use the keyword planner, find the monthly clicks, and estimate the cost per month within a budget. The spreadsheet provided was AMAZING and I'm keeping that puppy, even after the class is over. I thought it was interesting as I brainstormed business possibilities that often, for me, the businesses that could be the most profitable were not the ones I pictured myself doing as a living. Maybe I'm just destined to be poor. Most writers are, so...

No comments: