Saturday, January 27, 2024

Reflection: Dropshipping Versus Affiliate Models

Note: The following is another school reflection post for my web business creation instructor.

This week we spent a lot of time looking at two model options: Dropshipping and Affiliate. I also did a spreadsheet that wasn't due until week four, but I thought was due this week. Upside, I'm a bit ahead.

Generally, you can make more money (depending on your supplier) with dropshipping, though it does require more financial investment up front as well as risk than you would have to deal with in Affiliate sales. With affiliate sales, you do need to invest time in promoting the products you are providing the links for, so be prepared to do some research and talk them up. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable providing a link for something I haven't actually tried and would feel proud sharing.

We've had some trouble with the tools we're supposed to use for the course. In a way, this has been good because I had to find workarounds.

The discussion boards are helpful because we get to interact with other students on the case studies we're assigned. I have found it useful to see the way other students approach the scenarios. I have learned I'm one of the more cautious of the students when it comes to financial decisions. I'm not sure if that is because of my current financial situation or just a personality quirk.

I'm looking forward to setting up my own business plan.

No comments: