Saturday, February 10, 2024

Reflection: PayPal Buttons & STRESS

*Please note this is a post for my instructor, that we have to do through a blog and not my normal post. Skip it if you're not Brother Scott.

I honestly don't know whether the PayPal Button instructions were way harder than the assignment demonstrated or if the tech has changed and the course needs to be updated again, which you are likely as frustrated about as we are, Brother Scott. I'm a software Development major and don't know how someone who had no web backend training could have done that. Even I am befuzzeled. As I have to build my site soon, I'd better figure it out, though.

However, the biggest learning experience for me this week was trying to balance work and school while at a week long writer's conference. I tried my darn diddliest to get a week ahead in all my classes before I left, but life had other plans. I've been trying to sneak in moments, ten minutes at a time, when we had our 15 minute breaks between meetings. I did have to use the other 5 to actually get to the next meeting location.

While stressed, I thought about how a business you own doesn't just pause because you have another responsibility to take care of. In my case, it was more training. For others, it might be a family vacation. Either way, the business has to be run, so you'd better find ways to run it from where you are or hire someone to do it in your place temporarily (school work is, of course, excluded from that latter suggestion).

No comments: