Saturday, May 15, 2010

Have they heard?



I was reading Psalm 44 today. It begins like this..... "We have heard with our ears, O God, our fathers have told us, what work thou didst in their days, in the times of old." It occured to me how important it is not just to tell our children the great works that God has done in Scripture, but in our lives as well.

Sometimes seeing how God answered a prayer of their mom's, or how He intervened when I didn't even know I needed help will have a greater impact on them than hearing about the parting of the Red Sea. It brings it closer to home. I can't tell you how many times, when I am speaking about a spiritual topic with someone that one of my children will say, "Mom, tell them about the time that...." I'm always surprised at the things they remember.

So, take some time to think about things God has taught you, or done for you and pick a couple to tell your children, or your neighbor's children if your kids have heard all your stories already.

No comments: