Saturday, March 9, 2024

Refection: Analytics and Agony

Note: This is a required post for one of my classes. If you're not my instructor, you can skip it.

This week we were to install Google Analytics on our websites. I watched the video, but didn't match the current technology. This has been a theme for this class. The curriculum needs to be updated. I think I'm just feeling a bit lost at the moment. That may be because I'm facing a few pretty big trials (not in the legal sense) at the moment and everything feels harder than it probably is. Plus, this trimester has been a frustration all its own with several of my instructors being completely uninvolved with the course (a serious problem for online students). One of my "instructors" it turns out is on sabbatical. How does that even happen?

I can see where Google Analytics would be extraordinarily helpful and look forward to seeing how it can help me fine tune my site, but I would like to meet with you to make sure I've got things in place right. I'm also having trouble with my landing pages for my ads. I can't figure out how to get the right page attached to the ad, which will be important.

As this is supposed to be a reflection and not just an agony post, I will say that it has made me think about how analyzing things and looking at the big picture, then breaking it down to the tiny details can help us make adjustments. As I've been having some major problems in my life, I decided to apply that to my personal life and do my own "Analytics." What is productive? What is a waste of my time? What is giving me problems that I can change? All of these things are useful both in business and life. I just wish I could rewrite problems the way we can rewrite pages on our website.

No comments: