Saturday, March 30, 2024

Reflection: Social Media for SEO & Social Networking

This was one week that I actually felt like I knew something about it going in. I am a technical/content writer for a dental web company and we have to follow a workflow to maintain SEO for all of our clients. While there are little, yet important, things you can do, such as keyword optimization in the title, meta, and image alt tags, the biggie is content.

Nothing will help your site rank higher than it will with quality content. This is because other people will link to your site, which gives it value and authority in the Google Overseer's eyes. And we all must please the Google Overseer.

I started thinking about the importance of that in the real world. And by that I mean substantive content, not pleasing Google. It doesn't matter how great your outside is if you don't have quality content inside. Substance over Symbolism. It's sort of like those people who are always virtue signaling but never quite living out any virtue. For example, I had a friend write a long social media post condeming members of a particular political party for not caring about the poor. He wrote this post from his yacht and has never done anything to help the poor himself.

This got me to thinking, whether it is my website or my life, what really matters is the quality I put into it, not how splashy it looks.

No comments: