Saturday, March 16, 2024

Reflection: ROI & Optimizing Ad Performance

I was greatful that my instructor met with me this past week and explained about ad groups. Though I'd read the material, he clarified some things that will help me optimize my ad performance. Tomorrow, I'll be separating my keywords into ad groups. There still doesn't appear to be a tracking ID on my account, which makes it hard to track conversions through analytics. There may be a way for me to do that through Amazon's Affiliate Dashboard. I'll look into that this week

I have been quite worried about the cost of the Ads and set a pretty low budget. As a result, Google keeps reminding me that most advertisers spend thousands and I'm unlikely to be able to compete with them. I'm totally okay with that. I'm going to put the link to my affiliate site in my next author newsletter, which will do a great job at generating potential sales from people I know love to read.

When I did my ROI for books, which is all I have in my store, I noticed how little books bring in. Games seem to be where the money is, so I am going to do a search for games related to literature and add those to my site.

No comments: