Saturday, March 2, 2024

Reflection: Google Ads

*Note: not a normal blog post. This is part of an assignment. Please skip unless you are my professor.

This week we did more work on Google Ads. I learned something fascinating. Google is now using responsive ads. This means that we set certain titles and descriptions and through their A.I. system, they rotate and combine them in an attempt to discern which ones are more effective. Theoretically, it would then just use the ads that have the best response rate.

Fortunately, it lets you lock in the position for certain titles. The ones you don’t want to show up side-by-side, you lock into the same position. In that way, they can never appear next to each other. This is important because there would be certain combinations that would sound ridiculous, and you don’t want to waste an ad opportunity.

Picking the descriptions and titles was a bit tricky. I tried to put myself in the place of the person who might be searching for what I have on my website and think about what types of searches they might do. I’m hopeful I picked some good ones.

No comments: